Dana Barrett is a TV & Radio Host, Serial Entrepreneur, Business Commentator, Social Critic, and Occasional Actress. She is the host of The Dana Barrett Show which airs weekdays at Noon EST on Talk Radio 640 WGST in Atlanta and a regular contributor to Forbes, and HLN.
Dana was born on a cold Friday in March of mumble, mumble Nineteen-something or other. She was born in Philly and on her third birthday… okay so maybe that version is too long.
Here are the basics:
- Born in Philadelphia, PA awhile ago.
- Graduated from Cornell University sometime later.
- Moved to Atlanta after college.
- Worked in the Tech Sector after college and held titles that ranged from Installation Representative to Vice President of Technology.
- Is a serial entrepreneur having owned the tech firm DB Consulting, a bookstore in Roswell, Georgia called Coffee Buy The Book, and now the media company, DB Media, LLC. (Creative company names, no?)
- Has always liked to talk and has done so on the radio since the early 90s including a stint as a traffic reporter on WSB in Atlanta and a long running author interview podcast called Midtown Review.
- Has always liked the spotlight and has appeared doing stand-up comedy and on community theater stages around Atlanta as well as her more recent foray into TV & Film.
- On-camera work includes work a stint as host of Atlanta Tech Edge on the Atlanta NBC affiliate, corporate video for PR Video and Cox Communications, and acting roles in Swamp Murders, The Game and Ang Lee’s “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk”.
- Is the single mother of an awesome full grown daughter.
- Has an adorable dog named Buster.
- and likes dessert a lot. Almost as much as wine.
Also of note:
- The Dana Barrett Show was awarded the 2018 GABBY Award for Best Morning Show and the 2016 GABBY Merit Award for Best Locally Produced Program (Non-News or Sports) by the Georgia Association of Broadcasters
- Dana is a breast cancer survivor and the official spokesperson for TurningPoint Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
- In 2017, Dana was recognized by the SBA as a Small Business Media Advocate, and by the Technology Association of Georgia as Diversity Game Changer.